About the College of Engineering
Auburn Engineering has a long and rich tradition of excellence in engineering education. We are the highest ranked engineering program in the state, and consistently rank among the top institutions in the country. Our college produces more than one third of Alabama’s engineering graduates and our prominent alumni include four astronauts and Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, Inc.
Though the College of Engineering was founded in 1872, Auburn first established the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in 1984, and we have continued to turn heads since then with our innovative computer science degree offerings. In fact, in 1999, we were the first in the Southeast to offer both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in software engineering.
Computer science and software engineering continue to impact the way we live and are rapidly becoming the future of the technology industry. Through our innovative research and industry partnerships, the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering helps our students find the engineering and technology solutions that change our lives while working professionally and ethically.
Join Auburn University’s Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in the top-ranked Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, where we aim to prepare students with the professional insight and computer science prowess they need to excel in their careers in the developing digital world.
Our Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering faculty teach and research a wide range of areas. As a student in the online Bachelor of Computer Science degree completer program, you gain the opportunity to improve your understanding of and skills in many interdisciplinary subjects, including:
- Human-computer interaction
- Mobile and web app development
- High-performance computing
- Software analysis and transformation
- Network and operating systems
- Programming languages
- Computer architecture
- Discrete mathematics
- Software construction and development
- Theoretical computer science, and more!
- SACS accredited
- Top 50 Public School by U.S. News & World Report1
- Top 60 Best Undergraduate Engineering School by U.S. News & World Report1
- Top 50 in Best Values in Public Colleges by Kiplinger2
- Earn your bachelor’s degree in one of Payscale’s Top 5 Highest Paying Majors3
- A Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations, Cyber Defense and Information Assurance, as designated by the National Security Agency