Online Bachelor of Computer Science
We’re excited that you are considering the online Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) degree program at Auburn University. As a student, you will have the opportunity to complete your degree while leveraging credits already earned, or you can broaden your technology skills and enhance your career options by earning the BCS as a second degree. Whichever path is right for you, you’ll be able to complete your course work in an immersive online learning environment, and earn your degree from a nationally ranked university that provides an exceptional education with the flexibility your life and schedule demand.
Now is the time to finish your undergraduate program. Take full advantage of your current credit hours and let us help prepare you to succeed in today’s rapidly changing world of technology.
Auburn University’s online Bachelor’s in Computer Science program accepts transfer students as well as current and former Auburn University students, and admissions are conducted on a rolling basis, so you won’t have to wait long to learn the status of your application.
Apply by May 1st for May 16th start.
To earn an online Bachelor of Computer Science degree from Auburn University, transfer students must earn a combined total of 120 credit hours, including 60 hours of prerequisite courses required to transfer and the remaining 60 hours of computer science courses required in our online BCS degree program.
If you are a few credits shy of the 60 credit hours of prerequisites, reach out to an Admissions Advisor to discuss your options for moving forward.
Already have a bachelor’s degree?
If you have already completed a bachelor’s degree—whether in a technology related field or not—and graduated with a GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale), then you automatically fulfill all prerequisite requirements and can fast-track into our online BCS program. Contact an Admissions Advisor to learn more!
Prior to starting the admissions application, you should:
- Review prerequisite course requirements
- Use our course calculator either by state and institution or by course name to see how the courses you've taken match up with those currently required by Auburn for a better sense of whether you fulfill the prerequisites*
- Connect with an Admissions Advisor at 855-266-6484 to find out more about the admissions process and application
*Note: Don’t see your school or course listed? Don’t worry. This simply means your selections have not yet been articulated, but they could be once you apply.
- Complete the online application
- Submit official college transcript(s)
- Verify they have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)*
- Pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee (unless waived)